09 June 2008

B is for bruschetta



I admit that I don't miss Phoenix all that much. But that doesn't mean I hesitate to steal an idea from one of its few good restaurants: Postino, a wine and small plates affair in a renovated post office. In this case, I stole their signature bruschetta appetizer - so large it could double as a meal. The great thing about bruschetta is that you can feel free to try just about anything. I thought all of these tasted pretty good, but the prosciutto, apple, honey and mascorpone bruschetta was pretty darned good. I paired it with a light salad.



Here are the combinations I made on a battard of rustic sourdough bread:

-Sliced apples, mascarpone, honey, and prosciutto crudo
-Roasted red peppers, diced, with chevre
-Sauteed baby artichokes (see previous recipe for preparation)
-Chicken, sauteed in garlic and lemon, with Genovese pesto
-Figs and roquefort

Salad: mixed greens, blood orange, asian pear, pine nuts, chevre.

No comments: