03 March 2008

M is for mushroom risotto

There are two ways to play this alphabet game. You can be a stretcher ("l is for lemon basil chicken") or a truist. Faithful to the spirit of the rules, I choose the latter route. This week, my main-letter ingredient featured very prominently in the dish. I am not a fan of mushroom risotto - this creation was an act of pure altruism - and I would trade it in for a more colorful dish anyday. I also dislike risotto's neediness. It's a high-maintenance concoction that truly challenges the compulsive multi-tasker within. And, it's not like you're standing around by the range doing anything exciting. You're stirring. Forever. But if you like making and eating risotto, this recipe works well.

1 comment:

cnew said...

When is N coming?!!!! We are waiting for nopales, noodles, negronis ...